Thursday, November 17, 2011

Rainy November day with Tornado Warnings

The high was to be mid 70's today, it is November right?!? I woke up kind of grumpy, it was just one of those things when plans don't work out as I had hoped in my head and our family is having to alter what we want to do for what we need to do and have committed to do. Such as life but it still had me out of sorts.  Gavin, Camille and I go to bible study on Wed. I really didn't want to be grumpy so I put on as happy a face I could muster, tried not to be short with the kids and moved on with the morning.

Bible study was great and got me back on track in a much better mood. We are studying in Hebrews Ch2:1 "We must pay more careful attention to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away." How easy it is for me to drift from Jesus to not stay grounded in who he is and what he has done for me. One of the points in the lecture was: Spiritual drifting begins by neglecting the salvation that securely ties believers to the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my anchor I want to stay securely tied to Him and when I don't pay attention I begin to drift. I was thinking how my own selfishness makes me drift from my kids, family, friends all those that are important to me.

Today I'm going to be intentional and pay attention to who Jesus is and who he wants me to be. My husband and the littles often get the brunt of my moods and feelings... Today is an intentional day to show them love that Christ showed me. Guess how it manifested itself? Through paper airplanes just spending time playing!  We have a wonderful book that shows step by step instructions on how to build 10 planes.


We built 5 different models and had to make two of each so Gavin and Aiden would have their own. We were also in the middle of a tornado warning so distraction for Camille was key, she gets really scared in storms. Finally the storms passed and the sun came out, I felt safe enough to put Camille down for a nap. Then Aiden and Gavin had a grand time with plane races, trick wars and other stunts. After nap time Camille and Gavin began playing as they often do, they are two peas in a pod!  I heard muffled "Mommy, mommy where are you?" I honestly thought they were in the basement for a moment then realized where they were, and played along until they popped out of the ottoman together.


For dinner we made a pizza menu of all the topping options we had at home, took orders then took turns making our own pizza on gluten free crust. It was a huge hit and it was a great ending to a not so great beginning. We had fun just hanging out together.


1 comment:

  1. Such a good reminder Dawn! I really need to get more intent into my days!

    ReplyDelete