Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day #3

Time for a snow day project, we are on day 3 of no school. I had a few pretzel rods, tons of melting chocolate, various toppings and 3 eager littles. I called around to some neighbors and even asked one brave friend that was going to the store to pick up some pretzels for us. They all came through for me to help with my entertainment for the morning!

 All three really enjoyed making a mess, I mean making the chocolate pretzel treats. For toppings we used Heath bar, peppermint, chopped white chocolate peppermint kisses, walnuts and marshmallows.
 I tried a variety of hats for the snowmen, after all I was at the mercy of what I had on hand. Good thing I don't allow the littles to eat much candy so I had a good assortment to pick from. The M&M's looked the best to me and were the easiest to keep on the pretzel. More of a beanie than the typical top hat, I also wished I had some fruit leather to use as a scarf.
Their noses are carrot shaped sprinkles, I'm not sure where these came from, but glad that I had them. They may have been an after Easter purchase, either way they were perfect for the marshmallow snowmen. The white snowflake sprinkles were an after Christmas purchase. The eyes and buttons were made by dipping a toothpick into my black food coloring gel. I had wanted to make these to give out for Christmas but never made the time to do it. I'm thrilled that we were finally able to make them for our neighbors.

I made some tags that had "Winter Wonderland 2011" on them. Unfortunately they were wrapped in sandwich bags as I wasn't able to get anywhere to buy treat bags. I think they came out super cute considering it was done from what I happened to have on hand and from neighbors helping with what they happened to have.

 In the afternoon we all took our turn sledding in the swimming pool. They had a blast.

 Aiden helping pull Camille up the hill.
 When the younger littles got cold Aiden went over to play with some friends that were trying out his newly invented Penguin Sliding technique.
 All the kids would stand at the top of the hill and judge the form, skill and finish of each one as they went down.

No comments:

Post a Comment