Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year

The year of the Rabbit is here... I'm not into astrology or really know what that means but it was fun adventure for the day.

In 2000 Geoff and I took a trip to China. It was a really neat trip with some amazing experiences. Here are a few pics of the BIG sites. We toured Beijing, Xi'an, Guilin and Shanghai. Just looking back at these photos let me relive one of the most memorable places I have seen.

The Great Wall

Li River

A Rickshaw with a refrigerator, furnace and some other appliance.  How did he get that on a bicycle?
I pulled out some souvenirs we brought home from China plus some rabbit themed things.
The littles had fun looking at all the items.


I heard there was a renowned Chinese chef, Peter Chang, that had just opened a restaurant last month and it was only 10 minutes away. Away on a dinner adventure we went

The flavors were delightful. 
Aiden was adventurous and tried some Szechwan style spicy pork - then promptly requested WATER!


!
We had to do something with a rabbit, I considered making a cake but bringing along bunny ears was much easier and sugar free!
 

Though fortune cookies were in order


 Apparently Camille is going on a trip, I sure do hope she brings me along!


Happy New Year China!

1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing your pictures from your visit and the bunny ears were very cute! Happy (Chinese) New Year!

    ReplyDelete